Positive Displacement Flowmeters | Hoffer Oval Gear Series
Displacement Flowmeters, Hoffer Oval Gear Series
The unique design of Hoffer’s Oval Gear meter incorporates two SMOOTH (toothless) oval gears 90 degrees out of phase. The measurement gears are held together by two-timing gears. The timing gears have a pitch diameter equal to the outside diameter of the measurement gears. The flow through the meter measurement chamber follows the path of least resistance. Therefore no liquid passes through the center cavity between the measurement gears.
- Patented Toothless Oval Gear Construction. U.S. Patent 5,992,230
- High Accuracy.
- Compact Design.
- High-Resolution Electronic Output.
- Stainless Steel Ball Bearing, Self Lubricating.
- 316 Stainless Steel with Brass Thrust Plate Construction (Standard).
- No Special Gears Needed for High Viscosity.
- Linearity Unaffected by Viscosity Changes.
- 1″ MNPT End Fitting (Standard). Variety of End Connections Available.
- Linearity: ±.25% of reading or above 100 CSTKS from 5 to 20 GPM.±.5% over the extended range.
- Repeatability: ± 0.05%.
- Flow Range: .02 to 25 GPM.
- Operating Temperature: -20° to +375°F based on O-ring material (Viton). See pickup coil section of ordering information for temperature ratings.
- Operating Pressure: Up to 3000 PSIG standard.
About Hoffer Flow Controls
Hoffer Flow Controls has been designing and manufacturing quality turbine flowmeters and related process instrumentation for more than fifty years. Our initial experience was in the field of positive displacement flow measurement. Today our reputation in this field is synonymous with quality.
Today Hoffer Flow Controls manufactures high-precision displacement flowmeters to measure clean liquids and gases throughout the processing industries. Please be sure to follow Hoffer Flow Control on Linked In